Thursday, August 26, 2010

Google Analytics

I came across a very handy tool put out by Google, well, I think it's pretty cool!

From what I understand of it, you place a small snippet/tag in your websites code, and Google gets a snippet of information as each person/viewer comes to your page.
For the inquisitive mind, such as myself, I was intrigued to see from whence people came from to get onto my blog. Google Analytics allows you to see what continent your viewers hail from, as well as what sites people have just come from in order to reach your site.

It has helped to inform me of how much "pull" factor posting and being active elsewhere on the web has on people. Alot of the referrals to this site, for example, have been from people reading my comments on other blogs and subsequently making the jump to this one.

Not only that, it does up a nice dashboard with site statistics for you - I suggest checking it out!

https://www.google.com/analytics

No comments:

Post a Comment