Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Terraforming

This week I've been pondering what content it would do well to blog about.
It's a very interesting question, as every day I seem to have a vast array of varied ideas which may or may not appeal to various different people - so what should I blog about?

On the one hand,
it seems appropriate that a blog would have a branding - some common thread that holds the whole site together - yet what should this be? Could the author, him/her self, be the thread that binds the concepts and draws people back. Or, should the ideas be limited to a singular stream, allowing a particular blend of readership to find food for thought in areas they are interested.

Yet, on the other hand,
what necessitates a singular thread? Is not variety the spice of life? Further, it seems somewhat counter-intuitive to the diverse range of thoughts that I, as the author, have during a week - if I was to limit myself to one topic, it is likely I would make my blog more sporadic, with vast spaces between posts at various times. One need only look at my AI blog to see this in action.

So, my question to you is,
What is the most helpful - a blog targeted at a narrow readership with limited content which explores diversely a small field. Or, a blog with a diverse range of topics which allow the readers to pick and choose that which they find interesting, and to be directed to consider topics that they may not, as yet, have considered?

No comments:

Post a Comment